The maintenance of attractions is a serious matter and therefore an eye for safety and the necessary knowledge are absolute requirements. Due to our years of experience and because we have many connections in the industry, we are able to give you full-service maintenance support.
Because we have a large file of highly experienced technicians who all have a lot of experience in the attraction world, we are able to put the right people in the right place, so that we can handle almost any job. Whether it involves a malfunction, purchasing a total maintenance package or supporting the inspection and release of attractions: we have all the knowledge in house. With us, working according to maintenance protocol, making reports and offering ideas and solutions always come standard.
In short, if are you looking for the right people to take care of the maintenance of your attractions, you have come to the right place.
Our specific experience with attraction maintenance
To give you a more specific idea of our experience, you will find below an overview of activities we have previously carried out.
- Maintenance of all rollercoaster trains in accordance with NEN-EN 13814 guidelines and work instructions based on the manufacturer's manual.
- During the opening season, regularly solving problems with the attractions to minimize downtime.
- Disassembly and assembly of attractions to replace a slewing ring, among other things.
- Checking and releasing attractions according to a checklist during the opening season in case of shortage of personnel.
- Construction support (mechanical work activities), including building a new ride.
- Familiarity with all safety standards, NEN-EN 13814, visual checks on the wear on parts, measurements, crack tests, track thickness measurements and other checks, etc.
- Replacement of chain, drives and lining of the SLC coaster at Moviepark Germany.
- Construction assistance for various attractions at Yumble Roermond.
- Maintaining, checking and overhauling all available attractions at Walibi Holland.